Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chili-Lime Chicken Quesadillas

When you walk through Williams-Sonoma, you can always find recipes cards for different types of food.  A couple months ago, I found one for chili-lime chicken quesadillas and salsa.  I picked a copy up and forgot about it for a while until I was cleaning my cookbook shelf last month.  I had some left-over chicken so I thought that I would give the recipe a try for lunch.  I really enjoy this and it is very simple to make.

I don't have a grill for my stove, so I made this in a 10 inch frying pan.

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halvess
  • 4 Tbs. Chili-Lime Rub *
  • 6 flour tortillas,each about 9 inches
  • canola oil for brushing
  • 14 oz. cheddar cheese, preferably sharp
  • Sour cream for serving
  • Diced red onion for serving
Directions:
  • Rub the chicken breasts on both sides with the chili-lim erub.  Place the chicken on the grill and cook, turning once, until nicely grill-marked and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.  transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into slices 1/4 inche thick.
  • Reduce the heat on the grill to 400 degrees.  Brush one side of each tortilla with oil.  Place the tortillas, oiled side down, on a work surface.  
  • Divide half of the cheese among the tortillas, sprinkling it onto half of each tortilla.  Arrange the chicken on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
  • Fold the tortillas in half and enclose the filling.
  • Place quesadillas on the grill.  Cook, turning once, until the tortillas are lightly browned and crisp and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.  Transfer to a cutting board.  Repeat as needed until all of the quesadillas are cooked.
  • Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with salsa, sour cream and red onion alongside.
* Available at Williams-Sonoma stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment