I don't have a grill for my stove, so I made this in a 10 inch frying pan.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halvess
- 4 Tbs. Chili-Lime Rub *
- 6 flour tortillas,each about 9 inches
- canola oil for brushing
- 14 oz. cheddar cheese, preferably sharp
- Sour cream for serving
- Diced red onion for serving
- Rub the chicken breasts on both sides with the chili-lim erub. Place the chicken on the grill and cook, turning once, until nicely grill-marked and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into slices 1/4 inche thick.
- Reduce the heat on the grill to 400 degrees. Brush one side of each tortilla with oil. Place the tortillas, oiled side down, on a work surface.
- Divide half of the cheese among the tortillas, sprinkling it onto half of each tortilla. Arrange the chicken on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half and enclose the filling.
- Place quesadillas on the grill. Cook, turning once, until the tortillas are lightly browned and crisp and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Repeat as needed until all of the quesadillas are cooked.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with salsa, sour cream and red onion alongside.