Here is a basic recipe for a Ham Panini. I've added some notes at the bottom of the recipe on ways that you can dressed it up a little and make it really yummy.
- Olive Oil
- Brown or Dijon mustard
- Sliced ham
- Swiss cheese
- Preheat panini maker to the medium heat setting.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil. Put the olive oil side of the bread down on a clean surface.
- Put a thin layer of mustard on a slice of bread.
- Place 2 slices of ham on top of the mustard. Make sure that the ham does not hang over the sides of the bread.
- Add the Swiss cheese on top of the last layer.
- Place the top slice of bread on top with the oiled side up.
- Place the sandwich(es) on the panini make and cook until golden and crispy. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Instead of using Swiss cheese, use grated Gruyère cheese.
- Between the ham and cheese layers, add a layer of Béchamel sauce.