Thursday, December 16, 2010
One of my favorite memories from my childhood involves Saturday mornings. We'd all pile onto my parents bed and sing Christmas carols before we got up for the day. The one of the last things that we would sing is "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Now, years later, I am reading that book to my girls and my brother reads it as part of our Christmas Eve tradition.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
I made chicken noodle soup the other night. So good and it hit the spot on a cold day.
- Chicken, rough chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 32 oz. chicken broth, plus enough water to make 5 cups
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken, celery, carrots and onion in stock pot and cover with chicken broth and water.
- Heat to a boil and then simmer for 20-25 minutes. The vegetables should be tender.
- Add the noodles and cook on medium low heat for another 6 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.