Note: It's official. These are being added to my rotation of Christmas cookies. John had some last night and loved them! Always a good thing.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops of red or green food coloring (optional)
- 1 (10 oz.) package of mint-flavored semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and vegetable oil. Mix well. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. If using food coloring, add now. Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls by rounded teaspoonfuls and roll in the remaining sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.