Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baked Zucchini Sticks

Over the summer, I was trying to get my daughter to try new vegetables and introduced her to zucchini using this recipe.  I cannot remember where I found this recipe.  I would love to find the recipe that is used at Tambellini's Restaurant in downtown Pittsburgh.  Their baked zucchini strips are awesome!

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium zucchini, cut into sticks or strips
  • 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Heat the over to 350.

Mix the bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl or ziplock bag.  Dip zucchini first into flour and then into the beaten eggs.  Roll the zucchini in the bread crumbs until well covered.  Place on a non-stick baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes until the zucchini is tender and the coating is crisp.

Serve with marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment