Monday, November 30, 2009

Chocolate Mint Sugar Cookies


My mom gave me this recipe years ago for our family cookbook.  I had never made it before and since she has a ton of recipes, it's been a while since she's made these so I thought that I would give them a go.  The one that I tested was pretty good.  I think that I'm going to have to add these to the rotation.

Note: It's official.  These are being added to my rotation of Christmas cookies.  John had some last night and loved them!  Always a good thing.

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cups vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8 drops of red or green food coloring (optional)
  • 1 (10 oz.) package of mint-flavored semi-sweet chocolate
Directions
  •  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and vegetable oil.  Mix well.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.  If using food coloring, add now.  Gradually add in the flour mixture.
  • Stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Shape into balls by rounded teaspoonfuls and roll in the remaining sugar.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes about 5 1/2 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I don't see an email address on here, so I will just comment here to make sure you know your date for the Virtual Advent is December 20th! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete