Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dijon Chicken

My sorority sisters are the best!  I made this recipe that I found in our Surfing Sisters cookbook, Turtle Soup 2, on Tuesday and John, who I didn't think would be that thrilled about it, loved it!  The sauce reminds him of the mustard sauce that his mother makes whenever she cooks ham for dinner.

Dijon Chicken (p.118 for those of you who have Turtle Soup 2)


Ingredients:
  • 4 large chicken breasts
  • 1 cup light cream (I used coffee cream)
  • 1 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 cloves garlic, diced or crushed
  • 1 medium white onion, chopped
  • 2 T olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the garlic and onions in olive oil in a large sauce pan.  Remove from the pan and place in a bowl.  Add the cream and Dijon mustard, mix well.  Brown the chicken breasts in the pan, season with salt and pepper.  Place the chicken in a casserole dish and cover with the sauce.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Serve over linguini.

No comments:

Post a Comment