Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chipotle Sauce

I saw this recipe in a magazine and thought that it sounded yummy so I gave it a try last week.  It was served in the magazine as a sauce for corn on the cob, but I used it for chicken.  It turned out really well.  My husband loved it.  I think that the next time that I make it, I'm going to use it as a dip for tortilla chips.





Ingredients:

  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 c. cottage cheese
  • 1/4 c. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1/4 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/4 c. plain yogurt
  • 1-2 tsp. adobo sauce from can


Directions:

  • Place garlic, salt and chipotle pepper in a food processor and process until minced.
  • Add the cottage cheese and the next 3 ingredients.  Continue processing until the mixture is smooth, stopping when necessary to scrap down the sides.
  • Stir in the adobo sauce.
  • Cover and chill until you are ready to serve.  This sauce can be stored for up to 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment