Thursday, July 29, 2010

Penne with lightly sautéd peppers

My local super market has a nice lunch/dinner bar where customers can get their lunch or dinner from a selection of items freshly cooked each day.  Last week, I happened to be there at lunchtime and decided to get something instead of cooking when I got home.  Unfortunately, there wasn't much left when I stopped at the hot bar.  They did have a pasta dish that I decided to try.  It was so good that I decided that I wanted to have some for dinner and made up my own version of it.



Ingredients:
  • Penne pasta (or the pasta of your choice)
  • Olive oil
  • Peppers
  • Tomatoes (optional)
  • Fresh Basil and parsley

Directions:
  • Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packaging.
  • While the pasta is cooking, chop up the peppers into bite size pieces and put aside. 
  • Chop the basil and parsley and put aside.  For this recipe, I didn't have fresh herbs so I used dried.  
  • Drain the pasta and put aside.
  • Sauté the peppers and tomatoes lightly then add the pasta and herbs to the peppers and sauté for a couple more minutes.
  • Remove from the heat and serve.
  • A spring of fresh basil on top or to the side of the pasta would look nice when serving this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment